Monday, September 17, 2007

Blades of Glory

Well, I finally saw it.. However, I don't know what to think of it now. It's a somewhat humorous movie with lots of gags and pratfalls that Will Ferrell and his ever growing "Comedic Frat Pack" have become known for. Jon Heder is same old, same old Jon Heder that I think everyone over 14 is sick of. I don't mean to insult 14 year olds there either. Will Arnett plays Gob Bluth as the evil figure skating antagonist who is paired with his real life wife, Amy Poehler. Jenna Fischer plays the orphan Annie like little sister of the evil figure skating couple(Arnett, Poehler). The highlight is Will Ferrell. His over the top portrayal of Chazz Michaels was worth the watch if you are a Ferrell fan, which I am. Nick Swardson plays his typical kooky oddball character, this time he is a stalker of Heder's character, Jimmy MacElroy. I love when Swardson's Hector character tells Jimmy that he is going to wear his skin or something like that. Those moments are what I was waiting for. All in All- It was a silly comedy, and one of Ferrell's worst movies, but still watchable for Ferrell fans.

No comments: